The annual publication of outstanding young Ghanaian business leaders and entrepreneurs have been announced by The YCEO and Avance Media, a Ghanaian PR and ranking agency.
The list which was launched in 2018 and announced annually is a comprehensive representation of young entrepreneurs blazing the trail and creating several job opportunities across the country.
According to Martin Sedem Dogbey, founder of The YCEO, the 2020 list represents young business leaders who have created exceptional businesses and serve as a great inspiration to other young entrepreneurs across Ghana and Africa.
The 2020 list also notably features entertainers such as Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini and Dblack who also run their own enterprises aside their sterling career in showbiz.
Speaking about the list, MD of Avance Media, Prince Akpah mentioned that, this year’s list was released to serve as an inspiration to young entrepreneurs going through various crisis due to the Corona Virus pandemic. He also mentioned the launch of the #YoungCEOsAgainstCOVID19 campaign which will see all the listed CEOs sharing solidarity messages to encourage other young entrepreneurs through this period.
The 2020 Top 50 Young CEOs in Ghana list which is arranged alphabetically below features 50 of Ghana’s most successful young business leaders across finance, technology, entertainment, agribusiness, fashion, social enterprise, media and real estate.
1. Abdul Karim Abdullah || Afrochella
2. Afua A. Aduonum || Askof Productions
3. Aisha Ayensu || Christie Brown
4. Albert Kusi || HMI Management Services
5. Alloysius Attah || Farmerline
6. Ameyaw Debrah || Ameyaw Debrah Media
7. Amma Sefa – Dedeh Lartey || Reach for Change
8. Anthony Dzamefe || Caveman Watches
9. Arnold Elton Kavaarpuo || Jumo
10. Awura Abena Agyeman || Wear Ghana
11. Charles Nii Armah Mensah(Shatta Wale) || Shatta Movement Empire
12. Desmond K. Blackmore (DBlack) || Black Avenue Muzik
13. Emmanuel K. Jones – Mensah || Empire Domus
14. Emmanuel Sammini (Samini) || High Grade Farms
15. Enyonam Manye || Biz Trends Concept
16. Farouk Khailann || Premium Africa Holdings
17. Foster Awintiti Akugri || Hacklab Foundation
18. Francis Kofigah || Doughman Foods
19. Gregory Rockson || mPharma
20. Gwyneth Gyimah Addo || Hairsenta
21. Ivy Barley || Developers in Vogue
22. Jacob Kwaku Gyan || Adroit360gh
23. Jessica Poku || Uber Ghana
24. Joana Gyan || Golden Empire Legacy
25. John Dumelo || John Dumelo Foundation
26. Jorge Appiah || Kumasi Hive
27. Josiah Kwesi Eyison || iSpace Foundation
28. Kelvin Okyere || Springfield
29. Kelvin Peter Atuguba || TEN Ghana
30. Kingsley Abrokwah || KudiGO
31. Kofi Amoa – Abban || Rigworld Group
32. Kwaku Bediako || Chocolate Clothing
33. Kwamivi Ashiaby || Eventic GH
34. Lesley Aidoo Mensah || Afra K Fashion School
35. Linda Ansong || Liberty Professionals
36. Livingstone Satekla (Stonebwoy) || Burniton Music Group
37. Michael Kwesi Ofori || UniEmploy
38. Nana Kwame Bediako || Kwarleyz Group
39. Patrick Nartey Mensah || PMN Group
40. Peter Sedufia || OldFilm Productions
41. Regina Honu || Soronko Academy
42. Richard Nii Armah Quaye || Quick Angels
43. Richard Osei || Asuavo Security
44. Richmond Anim Damoah || RAD Communications
45. Sadiq Abdulai Abu || 3 Music Networks
46. Samuel Afari Dartey || Aqua Safari
47. Selorm Betepe || SeloArt
48. Valerie Obaze || R&R Luxury
49. Victoria Michaels || Fashion Connect Africa
50. Yvonne MacCarthy || Institute of Customer Service Professionals
”I won’t play the role of ’maame water’ in a movie again” – Vivian Jill Explains
Sensational Kumawood actress Vivian Jill Lawrence, has vowed not to play the role of maame water ( mermaid or river goddess) in a movie again.
Speaking in an interview with Nana Romeo Welewele on Accra100.5 FM, Vivian Jill stated that she would reject any ‘Maame Water’ script from any movie director.
Explaining why she’s made this decision, Vivian recounted her experience where a kid almost collapsed upon seeing her face to face.
I won’t play such roles again. A certain child watched one of such movies and one day upon seeing me, began screaming violently and fell to the ground.
Sarkodie damns Sammy Gyamfi for using George Floyd’s murder for politics
Sarkodie has castigated NDC’s National Communications Director, Sammy Gyamfi after defending and clarifying the logic behind his disputable decision to interpolate the murder of George Floyd in a cartoon criticising the Electoral Commission.
It all started with a tweet by the Sammy trolling the NPP over the pressure from them[NPP] and the Electoral Commission to create a new voters’ register, …this which has been a topic trending for days especially due to the current coronavirus outbreak.
The meme was a recreation [cartoon] of the scene of African-American, George Floyd’s death– showing President Nana Addo, and the current EC Boss, Madam Jean Mensa kneeling on Ghanaian voters
Addressing the issue on trend, Sarkodie who was not happy about the turn of events regarding to Sammy’s Tweet asked him to withdraw and as soon as possible delete the post on his wall further not to cause a harm.
Sarkodie tweeted; “Naa my brother we all go wrong sometimes… I will believe your intention wasn’t to joke with these serious n very sensitive issues, but you still wrong just do what’s right…. retract n take it down”
See screenshot below;
Naa my brother we all go wrong sometimes… I will believe your intention wasn’t to joke with these serious n very sensitive issues, but you still wrong just do what’s right…. retract n take it down https://t.co/4Dopst4wLT
— Sarkodie (@sarkodie) June 2, 2020
Shatta Wale Announces His Next Album, ‘Gift Of God’ Will Feature Beyonce And Vybz Kartel
Charles Nii Armah Mensah who is known in entertainment circles as Shatta Wale has made a major announcement about his forth coming album ‘Gift of God’.
The reggae dancehall act made this announcement during an interview, letting the cat out of the bag as to the people he will be featuring on the album.
Shatta Wale during the interview stated, most people know him to be the type that creates his album all alone but this time he was going to do a few collaborations.
He said he was going to have songs with international acts like Beyonce and Vybz Kartel, adding that he thinks the Gift of God album will not be a local album.
Showbiz Gossip4 days ago
Hot Video Of Xandy Kamel Making Love With Yaa Johnson’s Brother Surfaces
NEWS4 days ago
Coronavirus: Akuffo Addo’s 10th Address. Top 5 things to expect on Sunday
Showbiz Gossip3 days ago
Nana Yaa Brefo reveals why she was banned from entering the UK for 10 years (Video)
Politics6 days ago
No voters’ registration exercise will happen in Ghana.- Asiedu Nketia warns
NEWS2 days ago
Breaking News: Final year JHS, SHS students to resume school
NEWS1 day ago
Kennedy Agyapong Expose MOGPA In A New Video
NEWS4 days ago
You will go blind like Otwinoko – Prophet Badu Kobi ‘Curses’ Kennedy Agyapong
Showbiz Gossip3 days ago
Slay Queen Angrily Smashes Her Tonga With Big Stone (Video)