Connect with us

Latest News

We’re paying from December – Menzgold to aggrieved customers

Published

on

Collapsed Gold trading firm Menzgold has said it will start paying locked up funds of its aggrieved customers in December this year.

“We strive to complete the final phase of our audit endeavors and shall proceed to fully publish the following in the print and digital new media;  List of all paid traders/transactors paid so far.  List of all final eligible traders/transactions as well as the total sum of indebtedness by Menzgold Ghana Co. Limited.

“Menzgold shall proceed to pay the final publicized list and total sum from the 20th December, 2021 to 30th June, 2022 in our quest to give final closure to this very depressing matter and to restore our dear enviable Company’s integrity,” Menzgold said in a statement.

It however noted some of the claims made by the customers are fraudulent.

“Additionally, we have discovered shocking evidence that points to the fact that, some claimants purporting to be indebted to by Menzgold transacted through third parties; some unethical Menzgold and Brew Marketing Consult staff members and in other instances via referrals, mostly close relations who took delivery of their funds under the pretext of signing them unto to the Menzgold “Gold Vault Market” but ended up engaging in the many cryptocurrency products on sale on the Ghanaian market, with a monthly return on investment (ROI) ranging between thirty and sixty percent (30%- 60%).

“We are commencing the final phase of the audit; this session would be traders/claimants interviews to fully ascertain facts and satisfy ourselves with regards to questionable adverse discrepancies and irregularities that characterize some transactions claims received for audit and its subsequent payment. Hence, invitations would be extended to some individuals,” the statement added.

Meanwhile, the aggrieved customers have petitioned parliament over their locked funds.

They’re upset about the delay in the prosecution of Menzgold’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Nana Appiah Mensah, also known as NAM1.

Spokesperson for the aggrieved customers, Fred Forson, thus called on government to cooperate with Parliament to bring closure to the matter.

“We call on Parliament to investigate the closure of Menzgold including the role played by SEC and  EOCO as well as the bank accounts of the CEO and board members of Menzgold and Brew Marketing Companies. The whereabouts of some 4000 kilograms of gold assets should also be investigated.”

“Ghana should as a matter of urgency treat the unresolved Menzgold issue as an emergency national catastrophe. We call on the government in the spirit and within the wind of cooperation blowing in parliament to work closely with the august house to find an amicable solution to this conundrum that customers find themselves. Finding a solution will end the extinction of over a million Ghanaians whose lives and very existence have been shut with the shutdown of Menzgold”, Fred Forson said during a presser in Accra.

Source: Starrrfm.com

Eye witness to any social issue,occurrence or any form of information you would like to share,kindly send us a report via email : editor@modernnewsgh.com or via Phone +233246319949

Latest News

Breaking: Western Togoland Leader Papavi Confirmed Dead

Published

on

Leader of the Homeland Study Group Foundation (HSGF), Charles Komi Kudzordzi, popularly known as Papavi Hogbedetor, is reportedly dead.

Family sources told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) Mr Kudzordzi died in the late hours of Friday, October 15, 2021, at a hospital in the Volta Region.

Until his demise, Papavi Hogbedetor was championing the separation of the “Western Togoland” from Ghana through his secessionist group, the Homeland Study Group Foundation.

After many failed attempts, he unsuccessfully declared independence for “Western Togoland” and was arrested for the first time and charged with treason.

Mr Kudjordji was arrested again for similar offences, airlifted from Ho to Accra and charged for treason with some of his accomplices.

He was again granted bail due to old age and after his release, heard days later declaring independence for Western Togoland and had since gone into hiding till information on his death.

He was born on April 7, 1934.

Source: GNA

Eye witness to any social issue,occurrence or any form of information you would like to share,kindly send us a report via email : editor@modernnewsgh.com or via Phone +233246319949
Continue Reading

Latest News

Just In: Two Articulator Trucks Involved In An Accident At The Nsawam bypass N6 (photos)

Published

on

News information coming has revealed that an accident has just taken place on the Nsawam bypass (N6) after two articulators were said to have had a head-on collision.

Tho the real cause of the accident is not known Nsawam traffic Police officers have been said to have rushed to the scene of the event as they try to remove the cars from the road.

The Ghana police service the post on their Facebook handle wrote saying;

“Public Notice!The Police wish to bring to the attention of the public, a road-traffic crash involving two articulator trucks on the Nsawam-Accra bound carriageway on the Nsawam bypass (N6). Nsawam traffic Police officers are currently at the scene managing the situationThe Road Safety Management Services Limited Team has been called to proceed with a towing truck to tow the trucks off the road to allow free and safe flow of traffic. Meanwhile, motorists are advised to drive cautiously when approaching since the dual carriage has been converted to a single lane.The public would be updated soon.

Eye witness to any social issue,occurrence or any form of information you would like to share,kindly send us a report via email : editor@modernnewsgh.com or via Phone +233246319949
Continue Reading

Latest News

Google to invest $1 billion to lift Africa internet access

Published

on

 

Google said on Wednesday it will invest $1 billion over the next five years to allow for faster and more affordable internet access and support entrepreneurship in Africa.

Internet reliability is a problem in Africa where less than a third of the continent’s 1.3 billion people are connected to broadband, according to the World Bank.

But the continent, where nearly half the population is under 18, is a promising market.

According to Google and Alphabet boss, Sundar Pichai “huge strides” have been made in recent years, but more work is needed to make “internet accessible, affordable and useful for every African”.

The investment will support digital transformation by ensuring improved connectivity and access, he said in a statement.

The funds will, among other things, go towards infrastructure development including the Equiano subsea cable that will connect South Africa, Namibia, Nigeria and St Helena with Europe.

The deal expands Google’s pledge announced four years ago to train around 10 million young Africans and small-scale businesses in digital skills.

“I am of the firm belief that no one is better placed to solve Africa’s biggest problems than Africa’s young developers and startup founders,” said Google’s Africa managing director Nitin Gajria.

Internet access is also hampered by the affordability of smartphones.

Google said it will partner with Kenya’s telecoms giant Safaricom to launch affordable Android smartphones for first time users.

The project will later be rolled out across the continent with other carriers such Airtel, MTN, Orange and Vodacom.

Eye witness to any social issue,occurrence or any form of information you would like to share,kindly send us a report via email : editor@modernnewsgh.com or via Phone +233246319949
Continue Reading

Connect With Us

Our Facebook Page

Trending 🔊

Copyright © 2019-2021.All Rights Reserved.Built & Managed by The Modern Group