web analytics
Connect with us

Local

Volta Region records 281 active cases of coronavirus

Published

on

Ho Municipal recorded some 89 active cases followed by Hohoe with 71 active cases, denoting 15 out of the 18 districts having seen active cases.

Dr Senanu Kwesi Djokoto, Deputy Regional Director of Ghana Health Services, in-charge of Public Health, disclosed to the Ghana News Agency that the Region had recorded more than 160 new cases in three days.

He said the rise in COVID-19 cases in February alone in the Region was unprecedented since the disease struck the country in March last year.

He said though the basic schools were yet to record any case of COVID-19, it was observed that pupils, students and teachers in some institutions were not adhering to preventive protocols such as wearing of face or nose masks, keeping a social distance of two metres and washing of hands under running water with soap.

“The situation, if unchecked, can lead to disease outbreaks on various school campuses,” he said.

Dr Djokoto commended Ghana Education Service (GES) for the efforts that they had so far directed to the COVID-19 fight in the various campuses.

He stated that the Regional Health Directorate was working assiduously with the GES to further enhance the adherence of safety protocols in all schools.

He advised parents to instil a sense of responsibility in their wards and also provide them with the needed learning materials so that they refrain from having to share items with other pupils.

The Deputy Director warned that under no circumstances should “pupils put on or exchange face masks with one another.”

He called for the need for all stakeholders to come on board so that the current spate of increases in the cases of the virus was reversed.

In his estimation, the situation can only improve if everyone recognises that his/ her contribution is vital for success.

 

BLOGGER! EVENT & RADIO DJ! ONLINE INFLUENCER! IG@ KOFI_MODERN! TWITTER@ MODERNNEWSGH! TELE:0277301540

Advertisement

Local

Akyem Asafo accident death toll rises to 19

Published

on

Three more people have died from the Akyem Asafo accident that occurred Friday dawn.

This takes the death toll to 19.

The crash, which was between two VIPs on the Accra-Kumasi highway, claimed 16 lives on the spot.

Some of the bodies were dismembered.

About five ambulances rushed to the scene to convey the injured to nearby hospitals at Asafo, Kyebi and surrounding areas.

Also, heavy-duty vehicles converged on the scene to help with rescue efforts and clear the area of the wreckage.

The accident is said to have happened as one of the buses attempted overtaking the other.

The buses were two Kia Granbirds – one with registration number GT 5629-18 with passengers headed to Kumasi from Accra and the other with registration number GE 5510-15.

Both drivers were among the dead.

Some locals say a three-year-old was among the dead.

The other passengers who survived with life-threatening injuries were ferried to the Suhum Government Hospital and Akyem Asafo Health Centre for emergency treatment.

The bodies had to be extricated from the concertinaed buses by a team of first responders made up of police, firefighters and paramedics from Suhum, Bunso, Kibi, and Ayensuano.

They have been deposited at the Suhum Government Hospital mortuary.

Source: Class FM

 

Continue Reading

Local

V/R:Dzodze/ Penyi residents express mixed feelings to Covid-19 vaccination

Published

on

 

Some residents at Dzodze/ penyi in the Ketu North municipality expressed mixed feelings on Wednesday towards the arrival of the covid-19 vaccine.

On Wednesday February, 24, 2021, the health minister designate Mr Kwaku Aggeman- Many led a government delegation to receive the first batch of covid-19 vaccines Astrazeneca at the Kotoka international airport which arrived at 7am GMT.

In an interview with residents in Dzodze/ Penyi some residents admitted that coronavirus impede the progress of the country and it was a good idea to receive the vaccine, which would help to improve the health condition of the people and therefore ready to partake in the vaccination exercise.

Others who kicked against the vaccine, said is a trap to get them killed by the vaccine so they’re not ready to partake in the vaccination, some also said government officials must first take the vaccination before they can also take.
“I’ll only take the vaccine if government officials and their family members take it and nothing happened to them, Richmond Lanyo.

Meanwhile speaking to the Deputy Volta regional health director Dr, Senanu Dzokoto on the issue he said what the people need is intensive education and they’re ready to educate the public on why people who are entitled to the vaccine must partake in the vaccination. He also said he is willing to take the vaccination in public just to prove to the people that the vaccine is harmless.
He advised everyone to keep adhering to Covid-19 protocols

~Bubune Bernice Mizpah

Continue Reading

Local

Photos of the Interior Of the Closed LGBT Office In Accra Hits the Web (Photo)

Published

on

On Wednesday, the office of the LGBTQI in Ghana was shut down by police forces who raided the facility located at Ashongman in Accra.

The closure came after intense public pressure was placed on the government to shut down the facility, which was supposed to be a safe haven for gay people in the country.

Ghanaians were just not interested in that and mounted sustained pressure until government relented and shut down the place.

Ghanaians are intensely interested in the lives of LGBT individuals despite claiming they hate the activity.

There’s no question people are interested in the shut down office – what did its interior look like?

Below we reproduce some photos of the LGBT office taken after the police raided the facility.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

//stawhoph.com/afu.php?zoneid=3629251