web analytics
Connect with us

NEWS

Galamsey Saga: All Missing Excavators Would Be Brought Back Soon – Frimpong-Boateng

Published

on

All seized mining excavators that have gone missing will soon be found, according to Professor Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng, the Minister for Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation.

According to him, the country’s security agencies are following up on the issue closely and will soon bring it to its logical conclusion.

The sector minister who has come under serious attack from a section of the public over his inability to account for all the equipment seized from illegal miners said he is confident that all equipment will be found.

He told journalists on Thursday that “every excavator that has been stolen will be found…I don’t want to overstep what the security people are doing so let us be patient. You will get the facts pretty soon.”

It was revealed that the excavators seized by Operation Vanguard from illegal miners and some small scale mining companies which flouted the ban on small scale mining had gone missing.

There are allegations that some top members of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) are involved in illegal mining and they have appropriated some of the excavators amongst themselves despite the public campaign against the practice.

The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) had said that the government’s ban on small scale mining was only a “smokescreen” to kick out other miners and allow persons aligned to the NPP space to mine clandestinely whilst the ban was still in force.

Joojo Frimpong-Boateng, son of the Minister is amongst those accused of being involved in illegal mining and using a missing excavator for the act in some of the country’s forest reserves.

But the Minister said the allegation against his son is false.

“He [Jojo Frimpong-Boateng] is not involved in anything and the world will get to know soon,” the Minister said.

Meanwhile, the suspended First Vice-Chairman of the NPP in the Central Region, Horace Ekow Ewusi who has become the centre of the controversial issue of the missing equipment has been captured in a viral video allegedly claiming that he together with the NPP General Secretary, Boadu were tasked by the sector minister to use the seized excavators to mine in various concessions.

The money raised from these activities, Mr. Ewusi alleged would help fund the political activities of the NPP.

John Boadu subsequently denied the allegation.

Investigate Ekow Ewusi

Prof. Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng had petitioned the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service to investigate Horace Ekow Ewusi over his alleged involvement in the missing earth-moving equipment.

Ekow Ewusi was contracted by the government to cart excavators and other vehicles and pieces of equipment seized by Operation Vanguard to designated areas for safekeeping.

So far, six persons arrested over the disappearance of the missing equipment have been granted bail.

—citinewsroom

 

Freelance publicist | Event & Radio DJ | Wesite Developer | Graphic Designer | Brand Promoter | IG:@iambrahlyrix | Twitter:@BrahLyrix | Facebook: Brah Lyrix GH | 0245825657/0246319949 | Send Articles to brahlyrix@modernnewsgh.com

Advertisement PopCash.net
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS

Armed Robbers Storm Obuasi Lenclay Sports Stadium(VIDEO)

Published

on

The home grounds of Ghana Premier League giants AshantiGold SC was raided by armed robbers who made away with lighting equipment worth $172,000.

The robbery incident is a major setback to the quest of the club to win the  2020 Ghana Premier League, which is set to begin in two weeks time, as well as the CAF Confederation Cup.

Investigations have however commenced by the Police in Obuasi, though no arrests have been made yet.

The incident which was reported by management of the club, indicated that, the thieves cut the cables meant to be used for electrical works on the flood light and other essential cables at the Len Clay stadium.

AngloGold Ashanti Company Limited, the mining company that owns the community club, have been called in to assess the damage caused by the robbery.

AshantiGold SC are set host Karela United FC at the same venue in the opening day of the 2020/2021 Ghana Premier League on 15 November 2020.

Watch video below

Continue Reading

NEWS

Every Ghanaian Will Have To Pay GH¢10,000 To Settle Debt Incurred By Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi

Published

on

Sammy Gyamfi, the Communication Officer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), has said that every Ghanaian will have to pay GH¢10,000 to settle the debt accrued by the Akufo-Addo Administration.

At the NDC’s weekly press briefing on Wednesday, he asked electorates to “ignore government’s deceptive semantics about Ghana’s catastrophic debt position.”

According to him, the NDC would expose all of the lies of the Akufo-Addo administration and set the record straight, including currently indebting Ghanaians.

He also noted that the constant and never-ending borrowing of funds by the government had increased the national debt per person ratio.

“Per our current total public debt of ¢258.8 billion as at June 2020…every Ghanaian in Ghana today is indebted to the tune of about ¢10,000,” he stated.

“President Akufo-Addo has added more debt; a whopping ¢138 billion and still counting to Ghana’s public debt in only three and half years, far more than any government has done in the history of this country, and far more than all successive governments since independence,” Mr Gyamfi said.

He also added that even with the Heavily Indebted Poor Country (HIPC) status in 2001, the debt-to-GDP ratio of 61% cannot be compared to the current debt ratio held by the country.

“Indeed, our current debt position is worse than where we were when we joined the HIPC debt relief program in the year 2001, at which time our debt to GDP ratio stood at 61%.

“As a matter of fact, our debt position this year is the worst ever in the history of our Fourth republican democracy,” he further added.

 

Continue Reading

NEWS

Mother of the four kids who died at Amasaman in a fire outbreak finally narrates what really happened

Published

on

Yesterday News of 4 kids who were burnt to death after an outbreak of fire at Amasaman broke the Internet.

The mother of the Four whom we identified as Sister Afia has denied the allegations that the eldest daughter was to be blamed for the untimely death of her four children.

The kids age, 7,9,13 and 16 died when the mother left the children to do for an all night in the Vicinity.

The eldest daughter together with the 3 other kids died with the children and according to the mother, she is hurt and heart broken listening to the comment that she was to be blamed.

Narrating the incident to Angel News, Sister Afia happens to be a reverend minister at the church said,”When they opened the building in the course of the fire, my daughter together with her other siblings were already dead”

“So if she left for her boyfriend’s house, how come she is part of the dead children? I am going through a lot so I dont like what they are saying about me and my daughter.

Narrating what happened, she revealed that her daughter asked her to take the lead and promised that she will come with her other siblings.

Thirty minutes later, a neighbor called to inform her about the fire outbreak.

“Upon seeing the fire, I instantly felt my children were dead” She was lucky to have left home with the last born before the fire outbreak”

 

Continue Reading

Let’s Get Social

Eye Witness Submit

Eyewitness? Send us your stories now via
WhatsApp : +233277301540 / 0246319949
Email : articles@modernnewsgh.com

Tweet with Us!

Trending