The National Communication Officer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Sammy Gyamfi has outlined the promises that would be fulfilled by John Mahama if elected as the president of the country.
In a press conference in Accra, Sammy Gyamfi described the upcoming general elections as a referendum on President Akufo-Addo’s performance.
He said Ghana’s current president Nana Addo has failed the masses by not fulfilling most of his campaign promises.
Below is the list of things he claims John Mahama will do when he comes to power:
1. Pay all customers of the collapsed financial institutions whose monies are locked-up in full and restore indigenous Ghanaian participation in the financial sector.
2. Reduce the size of government by at least forty (40) ministers to reduce government expenditure and channel those resources into the productive sectors of the economy for the benefit of Ghanaians.
3. Provide free Technical and Vocational Education (TVET) from the second cycle to Tertiary level to build the human resource base of the nation for industrial development, entrepreneurship and job creation.
4. Institute a National Apprenticeship Program in line with his vision of rapid industrialization and job creation for the country.
5. Scrap the 50% increment in the Communication Service Tax to reduce the cost of telephoning and data. This will reduce the cost of living and the cost of doing business in the country.
6. Construct a regional hospital for each of the six (6) newly-created regions and the Western Region to improve access to quality and efficient health care delivery.
7. Provide districts without hospitals with fully-equipped modern health facilities.
8. Take healthcare to the doorsteps of the people by building a first of its kind “Onipa Nua” Hospital Ship and deploy it to provide medical services to the inaccessible riverine and fishing communities on the inland Volta water ways.
Additionally, the next Mahama government will rehabilitate the “Onuador” mobile vans that have been abandoned by the Akufo-Addo government and procure more, to provide medical outreach services in underserved and hard to reach areas in all the 16 regions of the country.
9. Construct two (2) new international-standard Infectious Diseases Centers and two (2) additional international research centres.
10. Abolish the dreaded double-track system of secondary education through an emergency and massive infrastructure drive. This will ensure a conducive environment and one-track qualitative learning experience for SHS students.
11. Establish University Campuses in each of the six (6) newly-created regions.
12. Abolish the mandatory national service and obnoxious licensure exams for teacher trainees and restore the automatic employment of teacher trainee graduates. Let me state unequivocally that no teacher trainee graduate will be denied posting or employment under the next Mahama government.
Additionally, the promotion and welfare of teachers will be prioritised by the next Mahama government.
13. Restore the automatic employment of Nursing Trainee graduates. Again let me state unequivocally, that no nursing trainee graduate will be denied posting or employment under the next Mahama government.
14. Restore the distribution of free cocoa fertilizer and chemicals to cocoa farmers to boost cocoa yield and improve the welfare of cocoa farmers.
15. Complete the Eastern Corridor roads, dualise the Aflao, Cape Coast and Kumasi roads among others.
16. Complete all abandoned or uncompleted hospital and health projects, educational projects, road projects and other infrastructural projects in the country.
17. Punish corruption and end the practice of nepotism.
18. Train, remunerate and empower assembly members to be responsible for the local level registration of births and deaths in their electoral areas, to improve the national population register.
Mr Gyamfi added that the NDC will be outdooring its manifesto for the 2020 general elections in August but even before that, the flag bearer and leader of the NDC will, in the coming days, announce some “big-ticket policies which are central to his transformational vision for this country.”
Source: Joy News
‘We Build While NDC is Only Good At Destroying’– Akufo-Addo
President Nana Akufo Addo has accused his main political opponent, the National Democratic Congress of being good at destroying all the wonderful things the NPP has built-in all political facet.
Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo made the controversial statement when he was reading his acceptance speech at an event held at the Alisa Hotel in Accra to acclaim him and the Vice president, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia as the NPP’s flagbearer and running mate for 2020 elections.
Nana Akufo Addo cited numerous examples to buttress his stance: “We grow the economy, they shrink it. We create the properly regulated, enabling atmosphere for business to flourish, they allow chancers and speculators to lure citizens into putting their monies into doggy enterprises.”
He continued: “They bring our banks and financial services to near collapse and we’ve to clean up, shore up and restore confidence. They plunge us into dumsor, we keep the lights on. They look on clueless as hundreds of thousands of Ghana’s children exit schools at JHS, we bring Free SHS and Free TVET to prepare our children better to face life. They resort to crude language when faced with difficult arguments, we raise the level of public discourse”.
NPP, NDC clash in Volta Region
The two political parties will be holding press conferences in the region
The Volta region will today, Monday, June 28, 2020, become the political battleground for the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC).
The two political parties will be holding press conferences in the region to address issues relating to recent developments in the region.
Whereas the NDC will be holding their press conference in Aflao in the Ketu South District, the NPP will be holding their press conference in Ho, the regional capital.
The Volta Region has in recent times been trending on many news and social media platforms following the increased security presence along the borders of the country, including Volta Region which lies on Ghana’s eastern boundary with neighbouring Togo.
The opposition NDC party at a press conference in Ho last week made a lopsided assessment of the NPP government and incited residents of the region against alleged destabilisation attempts by the government.
The Volta NDC Regional Communications Officer, Kafui Agbleze scored the NPP government 17 per cent as far as fulfilling their promises to the Volta region was concerned. While the Regional Chairman, Henry Ametefe made various wild allegations and divisive comments against the ruling NPP government.
He also made some tribal comments and incited residents against other tribes of the country, particularly the Akyems.
The Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Letsa in reacting to the issues pleaded forgiveness for the Volta NDC Chairman, Henry Ametefe over his tribal, inciteful and divisive comments.
He assured all that there was peace in the region and that war drums beaten by his friend from the other side was unfortunate and needless.
Meanwhile, K.T. Hammond the MP for Adansi Asokwa in the Ashanti region made some comments about Togolese interfering in the elections of Ghana. He said the close relationship between Voltarians living along the Ghana-Togo border and citizens of Togo made it easy for some non-Ghanaians to participate in Ghana’s elections. Hence, the deployment of additional security along Ghana’s borders.
These comments have received a lot of backlash from residents of the Volta Region who have through various platforms expressed their displeasure.
It is therefore not surprising that the NDC in its fifth edition of weekly press briefing will be addressing the nation from Aflao in Ketu South of the Volta Region. The press briefing which is being organised by the NDC Communications Bureau will be on the Topic; The 2020 Voter Registration exercise. It expected to have all 15 NDC MPs from the region present.
Although NPP has not stated what their press conference will tackle, DGN Online suspects it will address the allegations and issues raised by the NDC in the last press conference in Ho. The news conference which will be addressed by the Volta NPP Chairman, Makafui Woanya, may also try and pre-empt the issues to be addressed in the press briefing of the NDC which will come up later in the day.
Election 2020: Akufo-Addo mocks Mahama, NDC as he announces Bawumia as running mate
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has retained his vice, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, as his running mate for the Presidential elections in December.
The announcement which was greeted with unanimous cheers was also approved by the National Council and the National Executive Committee (NEC), making him the official running mate for Akufo-Addo.
“Today I have the honour to put into consideration with you my choice of running mate for the fourth time, the excellent hardworking vice president Alhaji Mahamadu Bawumia. With your endorsement, the party will complete its presidential ticket.
A feat that appears to elude some of our opponents. We have no such difficulty we have a most fitting person to feature on our ticket and I give you Mr digital, Mr you and I were not there, the economic prophet, the Adam Smith of Walewale, my good and loyal friend, Alhaji Mahamadu Bawumia,” he proclaimed amidst cheers.
This means that Mr Bawumia has been selected by the NPP flagbearer for the fourth straight time.
In his acceptance speech, Dr Bawumia expressed gratitude to Nana Akufo-Addo and the NPP for choosing him again and promised not to disappoint the President and the party.
Meanwhile, former President John Dramani Mahama and by extension, the National Democratic Congress are yet to make public the running mate of the NDC flagbearer.
Although a number of individuals have been speculated, Mr Mahama has noted that he is not under pressure to make the announcement and would do so in due time.
Showbiz Gossip2 days ago
Pastor In Hot Waters After Attempting To Have His Way With A Married Woman (VIDEO)
NEWS6 days ago
(Watch): Finally Anas Drops The Full Video on Coronavirus
Showbiz Gossip2 days ago
Pamela Odame Shows Her Br3ast Live On Kofi TV (Video)
Local5 days ago
Hon Kennedy Agyapong Reacts To Anas’ Corona Quacks Video
Showbiz Gossip18 hours ago
Eno Barony Flaunts Her Huge Melons In New Photo
Showbiz Gossip1 day ago
Hot Photos Of Nurse Beaten At Kumasi Mall For Allegedly Stealing Surfaces
NEWS3 days ago
Top government officials who have contracted COVID-19
NEWS5 days ago
5,000 persons arrested for entering Ghana illegally – Akufo-Addo