web analytics
Connect with us

Sports

Kotoko facing Ghana FA ban after violence in shock defeat to Berekum Chelsea

Published

on

Giants Asante Kotoko could face the Disciplinary Committee of the Ghana FA after their supporters threw projectiles on the field during their shock defeat to Berekum Chelsea, halting the Premier League match for several minutes on Sunday.

Angry supporters of the Porcupine Warriors were furious over decisions of the referee in their match against the visiting which led to some throwing stones and sachet water directed at the match officials.

Some also tried to force a gate to the pitch open before security officials intervened to halt the action which could have spiralled out of control in the match.

Kotoko lost for the first time this season after falling to a surprise 1-0 defeat at the Baba Yara Stadium on Sunday.

The Porcupine Warriors were hoping to continue their winning run but a seventh-minute strike by Kofi Owusu ensured that Chelsea earned the famous win.

It is the same scoreline that Berekum Chelsea recorded when they visited Kotoko’s arch-rivals Hearts of Oak on matchday one.

The Blues had been written off ahead of the game. Fair enough, due to Kotoko’s explosive start to the season earning two straight wins compared to their’s one win and a draw.

But they had other ideas as they executed their strategy to perfection. Chelsea made the best possible start in the afternoon and found the back of the net in the 7th minute.

Kofi Owusu received a brilliant pass inside the box from Jeorge Ranchi and he beat Felix Annan with a shot into the left bottom corner.

Sports

I will make sure some individuals at Sports Ministry go to jail – Isaac Dogboe

Published

on

Former Bantamweight champion Isaac Dogboe has sworn to cause the imprisonment of some officials at the Ministry of Youth and Sports.

Dogboe in social media post vowed to ensure the said persons go to jail.

“I’m going to make sure some individuals at the Ministry of Sports Go to Jail. Mark It On The Wall!!!” Dogboe tweeted.

Dogboe’s post was however silent on the reasons for which he would institute legal action against the persons. No name was also mentioned in the short post made on Twitter.

Dogboe recently confirmed that his father Paul Dogboe is no longer part of his management team.

In a Starr FM interview that Dogboe confirmed that he has made changes to backroom staff and his father was a victim of the changes.

“Right now I’m self-managed, no more managed by my dad, a lot happened over the years and since I took control I said to myself, It’s time to restructure and rebuild some of the bridges that were broken.”

He stated further that no malice involved and that he still has a very good relationship with his father.

“A lot of people are putting our situation in a negative light. The only thing happening between my father and me is that he’s no more training and managing me and I don’t see anything negative about that”, he said.

“I informed him of my decision to want to be in charge and everything is fine, I hold my family in very high esteem. I believe if there’s any problem between myself and my father, I believe he can call and sit me down as a son and talk to me.”

 

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

Continue Reading

Sports

Magical Messi Fire Barcelona past Elche

Published

on

Argentine superstar Lionel Messi brought his A game to fire Barcelona past Elche in the Spanish Laliga Santerder.

The five time Ballon D’Or winner scored twice to help his club return to winning ways. After a boring goalless draw in the first 45 minutes it looks like the Catalan giants were heading for another disastrous result.

Messi stepped up to put his side in front from a Martin Braithwaite assist just minutes into the first half, he doubled his team’s lead with his second of the game before Spanish left back, Jordi Alba put the visitors to the sword.

His two goals means, he is now the leading top scorer in Laliga, 2 more than his former teammate and now Atletico Madrid striker, Luis Suarez.

 

Continue Reading

Sports

U-20 Afcon: Ghana to face Cameroon in quarterfinals despite finishing third

Published

on

Ghana has qualified to the quarter-finals of the 2021 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations despite losing their final group game 2-1 against Gambia on Monday night.

The Black Satellites qualify as one of the two best third-placed teams and will face Cameroon in the knockout stage.

Karim Zito’s side started brightly. Abdul Fatawu Issahaku fired the ball brilliantly into the net from about 25 yards in the 9th minute.

Gambia pushed for the equalizer and earned it in the 16th minute. Kajally Drammeh smartly got on the blindside of Ghana’s centre-backs and nodded in a perfectly weighted cross.

After drawing level, Gambia took control of the match and created a number of chances.

In the 34th minute, Lamarana Jallow completed the turnaround with a low-driven free-kick from the edge of the area.

Ghana got close to levelling matters a few minutes later. A good cut back found an open Percious Boah who fired straight at the opposition goalkeeper.

In the latter part of the second half, the Black Satellites pushed forward desperately for a goal.

They were given a lifeline after Camara was sent off in the 83rd minute for time-wasting.

Despite a strong push from Ghana after the incident, Gambia was able to hold on for the victory.

Ghana has secured qualification to the quarterfinals as one of the best third placed teams. Gambia has also qualified in second place.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

//stawhoph.com/afu.php?zoneid=3629251