web analytics
Connect with us

World

Burkina Faso: Gunmen Ambush Mining Firm Convoy And Kill 37.

Published

on

At least 37 people have been killed and 60 wounded in an attack on a mining company convoy in Burkina Faso, authorities say.

Five buses carrying staff of Canadian firm Semafo were ambushed on Wednesday about 40km (24 miles) from the eastern town of Boungou, reports say.

A military escort vehicle was reportedly struck by an explosive device before gunmen opened fire.

It is said to be the third deadliest attack on Semafo staff in 15 months.

The West African country has been wracked by an Islamist insurgency that has killed hundreds of people in recent years.

The military has struggled to contain violence that spilled over the border from neighbouring Mali.

Semafo ramped up its security last year after attacks near its two mines in the country.

The latest attack happened on a road between Fada and its mine in Boungou, the company said.

The company said its operations had not been affected and offered condolences to the families of the victims, none of whom have been named.

“We are actively working with all levels of authorities to ensure the ongoing safety and security of our employees, contractors and suppliers,” the firm said in a statement.

What’s happening in Burkina Faso?

Jihadist attacks have increased in Burkina Faso since 2015.

The conflict spread across the border from neighbouring Mali, where Islamist militants took over the north of the country in 2012 before the army backed by French troops pushed them out. But the authorities have not established full control over the region.

About 500,000 people in Burkina Faso have been forced to flee their homes over the past three months, according to the UN Refugee Agency.

Last month, 20 people were killed in an attack on a gold-mining site in the north.

Days later, thousands protested in the capital Ouagadougou to denounce violence in their country and the presence of foreign military forces in the region.

BLOGGER! EVENT & RADIO DJ! ONLINE INFLUENCER! IG@ KOFI_MODERN! TWITTER@ MODERNNEWSGH! TELE:0277301540

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

5 Privileges Donald Trump Will Still Enjoy Despite Leaving Office For Joe Biden As The 46th President Of U.S

Published

on

Former 45th president of the United States of America, Donald Trump to enjoy mystery service security, annuity every year, private office space and staffs, clinical insurance and change after leaving office despite leaving office for Joe Biden, the 46th president of U.S.

The inauguration of Joe Biden as the 46th President of the United States took place on January 20, 2021, before noon, marking the commencement of the four-year term of Joe Biden as president and Kamala Harris as vice president.

Although Joe Biden has taken over from Donald Trump in the White House as the new president of U.S in a special inauguration ceremony which took place at the United States Capitol, Washington, D.C., United States, many individuals are posing the inquiry will Donald Trump actually need the Privileges of a US Ex-President?.

Since he is presently an extremely rich person, clearly he will need the mystery administration since he is certainly not a standard tycoon any longer yet the previous US President, the mystery administration can give him greatest security more than the normal security.  

Donald Trump is the first President in the US History to have been indicted twice, as indicated by the previous President acts known as (FPA) if a President reprimand is affirmed in the two chambers he won’t appreciate the full advantage, yet just greatest mystery administration, fortunately for Donald Trump he was just denounced by the House of Representatives and not the Senate. 

Below are some 5 top privileges Donald Trump will still enjoy as the former president:

1. Mystery Service Security 

The past official act just assurance 10 years mystery administration for ex president, Barack Obama marked another bill expanding that opportunity to perpetually, as long as the Ex President is as yet alive, Donald Trump will at present be getting a charge out of security from the mystery Office after he leaves Office. 

2. Annuity Every Year 

Donald Trump will in any case be getting a charge out of annuity consistently, as indicated by the current estimation of cash he will get $219,200 dollars consistently, even thou the sum is not exactly Donald Trump worth, possibly he can give it to noble cause. 

3. Private Office space and Staffs 

Donald Trump even as an ex president will be given a private Office space by the manager of the overall help commission of the United States of America (USA), he will be dispensed a Budget of $150,000 dollars to finance his staffs during the first year, at that point subsequently he will be given a Budget each time of $96,000 dollars to subsidize his staffs. 

4. Clinical Insurance 

Donald Trump can clearly treat himself in any of the best clinics around the planet, yet since he is a previous US president he can in any case appreciate this advantage, he is qualified for therapy in any military clinical focus the nation over.  

5. Change After Leaving Office 

This bundle is just accessible for a very long time during when leaving the administration, things like Office space, correspondence administrations, printing and Staff remuneration will be financed during that time. 

Many individuals are clamoring for Donald Trump not to appreciate any citizen cash, since he his a very rich person that can manage the cost of each one of those things, yet the law is the law nobody can Change it aside from the occupant President. 

 

Continue Reading

World

US President-Elect, Joe Biden To Offer 11 Million Immigrants Citizenship During First Days In Office

Published

on

US President-elect Joe Biden is reportedly planning to unveil an immigration bill in his first days as President as he hopes to offer an eight-year path to citizenship for an estimated 11 million people living in the U.S. without legal status. 

Biden will announce legislation on his first days in office to provide a path to citizenship for millions of immigrants in the United States illegally, according to four people briefed on his plans.

The legislation will see Biden deliver a major campaign promise to the Latino voters and other immigrant communities after four years of President Donald Trump’s restrictive policies and mass deportations.

During his election campaign, Biden called Trump’s actions on immigration an “unrelenting assault” on American values and said he would “undo the damage” while continuing to maintain border enforcement.

Under the legislation, those living in the U.S. as of Jan. 1, 2021, without legal status would have a five-year path to temporary legal status, or a green card, if they pass background checks, pay taxes and fulfill other basic requirements. From there, it’s a three-year path to naturalization, if they decide to pursue citizenship, Time reported. 

For some immigrants, the process would be quicker. So-called Dreamers, the young people who arrived in the U.S. illegally as children, as well as agricultural workers and people under temporary protective status, could qualify more immediately for green cards if they are working, are in school, or meet other requirements, the report said.

The bill will reportedly address some of the root causes of migration from Central America to the United States and provides grants for workforce development and English language learning.

Biden is expected to take swift executive actions to reverse other Trump immigration actions, including an end to the prohibition on arrivals from several predominantly Muslim countries.

“This really does represent a historic shift from Trump’s anti-immigrant agenda that recognizes that all of the undocumented immigrants that are currently in the United States should be placed on a path to citizenship,” said Marielena Hincapie, executive director of the National Immigration Law Center, who was briefed on the bill.

 

Continue Reading

World

Trump Impeached For ‘Inciting’ US Capitol Riots

Published

on

President Donald Trump has been impeached for a historic second time after the House of Representatives secured enough votes to charge him.

He is the first US president to be impeached twice after he was previously charged over his calls with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Mr. Trump has been charged with inciting an insurrection following the deadly riots at the US Capitol on 6 January.

The president gave a speech ahead of the unrest to his supporters, who went on to storm the seat of Congress.

The Senate will now hold a trial to establish whether Mr. Trump is guilty and if he should be removed from office – this will require a two-thirds majority.

They can also vote to ban Mr. Trump from standing for election ever again – which only requires a simple majority (50% + 1).

It is unlikely that this will happen before President-elect Joe Biden takes office on 20 January.

But there is a likelihood the proceedings against the 45th commander-in-chief will continue as the Democrats take control of the Senate.

Since the riots, the president has been banned from most social media – including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube – and there has been little communication from the White House.

But he did release a Twitter-Esque statement via the White House press secretary ahead of the impeachment debate, saying: “In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind.

“That is now what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.”

Speaking on Tuesday, Mr. Trump said: “If you read my speech [from before the riots], and many people have done it and I’ve seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it’s been analyzed and people thought that what I said was totally appropriate.”

“Everybody to a tee thought it was totally appropriate.”

Continue Reading

Trending